Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So Began My Obsession with Travel

Travel for me used to mean only and entirely fun. I am glad to say that this word does not any more evoke in me images of luxurious hotels, Malibu cocktails and spa centers, decorated with Japanese symbols. It is more of an abstract term - I think of travel as the storm shaking the foundations of my fragile mindset.
And so I like to embark on travel adventures. I like to get on the cheap Chinese bus lines, take pictures of sleeping strangers in the subway, visit friends in new places and return to the secure feeling of my home. I also like to walk the lonely streets without fear of getting lost, to drag my red suitcase around small airports and stare at the unknown distance challengingly. My obsession with travel has expanded to the online world where I like to spend half a day following links, one after the other, to websites with fresh ideas and original design.
I hope that my young vision f
or travel will be enjoyable to you with discussions of hundreds of real and cyber spaces.

No comments: