Sunday, January 13, 2008

Long Vs. Short Hair

Late Thursday evening I got out of the shower and started drying my warmed body with the pink towel I had brought from home. I stared at the mirror for a moment and then, with one quick movement, I cut my hair. It was time for a change.
Late Friday evening I took a trip to a Soho salon where a hairdresser was specializing in women's shortcuts. Although it was time for a change, it was time for a stylish change.

Leaving the "New York City's Salon For Womens Short Haircuts" Crops for Girls, I had never felt that liberated and open for the world. I couldn't stop smiling at the fancy billboards, populated streets and bright traffic lights. I couldn't stop touching my hair - it was really short in the back and a little bit longer in the front. And it is nothing like Victoria Beckham's style! My curls swiftly decided on different paths and the hairdo quickly resulted in a light-hearted chaos. How could I feel so free all of a sudden? Could simply getting your hair cut remove doubts and fear?
I have always loved my long, curly hair that gave me the look of a forest fairy. Now I loved the positive energy and playfulness this short messy hair stimulated in me. If each has its characteristics wouldn't then women with long hair have something in common, and those with short hair share something else? It felt like I had a new pair of eyes - clearer, observant and intoxicated with positiveness. Long Vs. Short - pick your style!

3 comments:

Edgar Cantero said...

Short.

Long can be beautiful too, but consumes too much time in the morning; short can be extremely sexy and is easy to wear.

And if you shave your head, we'll probably like you even more.

Tamarra said...

I was searching for short hair cuts on the web and found this one linked to your blog. Both the picture and your anecdote of sponeity and short hair have convinced me that after years of hemming and hawing, I'm going to cut my hair off.

Tamarra said...

and where in soho did you go?