Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mhmmm to Pirojki

One of my favorite smells is that of salty sea water and hot sun on my skin. It is what completes the fun-loving beach time along with friends, volleyball and, of course, good food. Although my mother taught me that good beach food consists of fruit, crackers and water, I found myself leaning towards beach food that definitely consists of more calories.

Potato filled pirojki are something I discovered this weekend on Brighton Beach, New York City. They are freshly baked pies that can be filled with meat, jam, potatoes or cabbage. The pirojki would be perfect for any big meal of the day as well as any quick snack in between. When flavored according to my personal preferences, the potato filling would include pepper to bring a spicy taste and trigger your appetite even more.
In short, mhmmm to pirojki!

2 comments:

roxx said...

way to think outside the box.. with all the beach diets that pop up everywhere at this time of year, you truly stay original and controversial. as always. in short, can't wait to see you in exactly one week!

Hollie Anderson said...

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! :)